What Services Are Housekeepers Typically Providing?
If you feel that you’re not up to the task, don’t be discouraged. Homeowners are often too busy to take a break from work and attend social events or children’s activities.
A housekeeper is a great resource. However, before you think that housekeepers are only for the wealthy (or those with their own sitcom), it is important to realize that professional home cleaning services are more affordable than ever.
NW Maids is a company that refers customers to the best housekeeping services providers in the Pacific Northwest. It’s possible to be completely unaware of the details and costs involved in hiring this type service if you’re not familiar with it.
What kind of services do professional housekeepers really offer?
While it may seem like a simple question to answer, there is much more to the story than you think.
Why Use Professional Housekeeping Services?
A neat and tidy space
Healthy and happy living requires a clean space. Professionals can clean your space efficiently and quickly, even if you don’t have time or aren’t skilled enough. You can get on with your daily life and not have to worry about the dishes or the bathroom. It gives you the much-needed peace and security that you need to perform at your best. A professional housekeeper can help you make the most of your time so that you can focus on your work or family.
You don’t need to worry about buying cleaning supplies constantly. You can usually expect your paid help to bring their own supplies. Although you may have some personal supplies that you need for small tasks, you won’t be able use them for larger-scale cleaning.
More flexibility about your requirements
One of the best things about hiring housekeepers, is that you can only pay for specific tasks. For example, if guests are expected, the housekeeper might need to deep clean the guest bedroom. For any final touches, the service can be hired after the guests have left.
A Better Job
Your home might be more familiar than a professional cleaning service, but you may not be as proficient in cleaning. It’s possible that there are things you overlook because you don’t have the time or knowledge to clean them. You might overlook ceiling fans, or the corners of your bathroom. They are hard to reach and may require special equipment. Professionals will take care of cleaning out every corner of your home, no matter how difficult.
Say Goodbye To Pet Shedding and Odor
Cleaning your home more often is a must if you have a cat or dog. Pets shed a lot, so you’ll need to clean up more frequently. You can also say bye to unpleasant pet smell. Professionals will make sure your house smells fresh and clean so that you don’t have guests stopping by unexpectedly. It is possible to come home to a fresh, clean space which can be one of the most satisfying feelings.
More Cleaning Knowledge, Experience
It is obvious that a professional housekeeper can do a better and more thorough job at housekeeping and maintenance. Professional housekeepers have the ability to identify which products are best for which surfaces. You don’t want to use a product with fading colors or leaving marks on appliances. The experts will choose the right products to use on the right surfaces. This will make sure that your home is in top condition.
When do you need professional housekeeping services?
If you’re a working person
If your job is demanding, it’s not a good idea to go home to a messy home. After a long work day, take the time to relax and enjoy the company of a housekeeper. If you are not able to take on this responsibility, a housekeeper can help you do a great job.
Are you a Busy Mom or Dad?
Children, pets or a busy social life could mean that the dishes get piled up and furniture collects dust. Expert housekeepers will take the pressure off your shoulders so you can focus on your friends and family.
We Just Had a Baby
A newborn can really drain you of your time and energy. Mothers need to look after their babies full time, so it is important that they take some time off from household chores. Your housekeeper will make sure everything is in order so you can relax.
Cleaning Isn’t Your Forte
Cleaning isn’t easy, and it is definitely not something that everyone can do. If you find it difficult to maintain a clean home, it’s okay to admit that. Even if you love cleaning up your house, it is possible that you are not a good enough at it. Learning new methods to housekeep your home will help you ensure it is in its best condition. If all that sounds like too much work, you can hire professionals to help.
You will need to maintain your home if you travel frequently for work or pleasure. A neglected house can cause security problems and make it difficult to find your place. Hiring a professional housekeeper will make sure that your home is organized and clean while you are away. It will also provide you with peace of mind by having someone watch your home and inspecting everything to ensure it is in order.
What Housekeepers Do?
First, you need to know that there are two types of housekeepers.
NW Maids can handle all your cleaning needs. We work with hundreds of service companies in both Washington and Oregon. It means that we can interchangeably use the terms housekeeper and cleaner.
A professional housekeeper is your boss. While there may be some jobs that a cleaner can’t do for you, most services are affordable and covered to fit your budget. NW Maids are seasoned housekeepers and can offer partial or full cleaning depending on the size of your home. Just add an additional service such as deep cleaning the basement, oven, or move out cleaning.
How can you expect to benefit from the housekeeping services once you’ve decided to hire them? Our housekeepers will do the following for NW Maids so you can unwind and enjoy your day.
Let’s now get down to the basics.
Basic Cleaning Services
Clean homes are more inviting, healthier, and more comfortable. Our assistants have all the necessary qualifications and experience to complete basic cleaning tasks in your living areas. These services are:
Bedrooms and Living Areas
Bedrooms and living areas are often the most visited. They tend to become more cluttered and dusty than other rooms in your home. These are the first areas where a housekeeper should focus their efforts. The service provider will likely:
- Dust all surfaces. This will include a thorough inspection of all countertops, shelving, tabletops, etc., as well as clearing away any trash or clutter.
- Wipe out all fixtures and/or mirrors. Glass and light fixtures may collect dust, spiderwebs, and any other debris. A good polish can make them look new again.
- Floor cleaning. You can have carpets, rugs or wood floors, but a major part of any regular housekeeping service involves clearing out clutter and mopping them up to a like new finish.
- Clean out the bedroom of any clothes, linens or other clutter. It takes just a few minutes to tidy up a child’s bedroom.
- Garbage Removal. Housekeepers do more than clean up after themselves. They also look after your family. Any rubbish or recycling that is found in the living area bins of your home will be taken out.
The bathroom should be the last thing on everyone’s to-do list when it comes to housecleaning. It is home to mold, mildew and other stains because of its high heat and moisture. These are covered by most housekeeping companies:
- Clean all “wet” surfaces. To give your bathroom a healthy glow, wash all surfaces (tubs, sinks showers, toilets) and scrub them with a soft cloth. This removes any mildew buildup on surfaces and leaves them with a fresh, clean scent.
- Clean all fixtures and mirrors. You can give the bathroom fixtures and mirrors a polish using the appropriate cleaning agent.
- Clear all floor surfaces Bathroom floors, rugs, and bath mats can become very dirty quickly. Give them a good rub, mop and polish to bring them back to their original glory.
- Remove all garbage. Your housekeeper can make sure that the bathroom garbage bins get taken away with the rest.
Kitchen and Dining Areas
Ask anyone and they will tell ya that the kitchen truly is the “heart” or the soul of your home. The kitchen is where you and your family spend the majority of your time. Your housekeeper may be able customize your service according to your needs. The following can be expected to be done on every visit:
- Clean all countertops and surfaces. Your maid will clear all clutter from countertops and arrange the items you wish to keep. After they have finished, your maid will dust all surfaces including underneath and behind appliances so you can return to a clean, tidy kitchen.
- Empty out the dishes from the sink and load the dishwasher. Never worry if you have children who leave glasses and plates everywhere in the kitchen. Your housekeeper will gladly pick up your dishes and rinse them off.
- Wipe down appliances. For appliances to look their best, they need to be cleaned regularly. Your housekeeper will choose the right cleaning product depending on the surface.
- Wipe down and mop your floors. One of the most satisfying things about the world is a clean kitchen floor. Your housekeeper will sweep your floor and remove all clutter.
Special Services (Extra Charges Apply)
Sometimes you just need something more than what is listed. When you have such an occasion, you can easily choose from our list to get the specialized service that your housekeeper will provide on their next visit. This includes:
- Cabinet cleaning. You rarely clean your cabinets or cupboards because they are made to hold food plates, glasses, and other items. If you are concerned about what may lurk behind fruit snacks, this optional service is a great option.
- Oven cleaning. Every few months, empty out the refrigerator and give it an extensive cleaning. This can prevent mold from growing and staining. The oven is the other. A powerful cleaning solution can be used to remove any grease that has accumulated.
- Polishing interior window. Window cleaning is usually an extra service. But, we offer it as a bonus to save you both money and time. For streak-free windows, your housekeeper will inspect all interior windows.
- Deep cleaning. Deep cleaning is a great option if you feel your house needs some TLC every now and again. Deep cleaning differs in that it addresses neglected areas and can cover even the smallest spaces. If your home has not had professional cleaning for a while, then it is definitely in need deep cleaning. You can also request additional services such as interior cleaning of the oven, fridge and cabinets. While it includes everything we offer in our regular packages, we take the extra time to reach all of those corners.
- Moving in/Moving out Cleaning. The only time homeowners want their house spotless is when they move in and out. The most time-consuming and stressful parts of moving in or out are both the moving in and out. You don’t want to add cleaning to your to-do list. You can hire our services to do a thorough clean from top to base.
- Laundry, ironing and washing clothes. This is not the most enjoyable activity of the day. Our housekeepers are able to take that burden off your shoulders, leaving you with clean, neat, and wrinkle-free clothes. When we visit your home, we’re happy to do a load. Just let us know what you want washed. We’ll be ready to dry it in your dryer when we return.
- Vacuuming All floors are vacuumed in your house including tile floors and hardwood floors.
- DustingWe clean every surface of your home meticulously and make sure no corner is neglected. We also take care all the small details, such as photo frames, ceiling fans and furniture.
- Mopping We mop all floors, hardwood, tile and linoleum. Our housekeepers ensure that all baseboards and stairs are cleaned and mopped.
- Cleaning:Sanitizing, particularly in areas where bacteria and germs can build up, is crucial. Our services make it easy to use these areas with no hassle.
- Dry Wiping and Wet Wiping We wipe down mirrors, glass surfaces as well as taps and dressers with a thorough wand. We vigorously scrub out areas infested by mortar, old gunk or mildew.
- We offer simple touchupsAfter completing the main duties, our technicians also offer final cleaning touchups including fluffing pillows, straightening rugs and mats, and correct positioning of chairs.
- Recycling the trash.
- Interior Wall Cleaning. You should clean your walls often to prevent dirt, dust and bacteria from building up. You can reduce your chances of developing allergies or asthma by making sure that your walls don’t have dirt. You will have a cleaner, more organized home. Deep-cleaning can be provided if walls appear to have lost their charm. Our team uses the best tools and techniques to preserve wall paint while getting rid off all the dirt.
- Baseboard cleaning We scrub and clean any baseboards to remove dirt, dust or other icky material.
Additional Ad Hoc Services
Many housekeeping service providers are flexible in providing additional services for their customers. Some of these services could include:
- Prepare meals and snacks Housekeeping experts can prepare food and snacks according to your personal preferences. They will make sure you have delicious meals at home. When you are done eating, expect them also to clean up your dishes.
- You can trust that your pet is being well-fed and stimulated by some housekeeping services. This could include taking your pet for walks every day, feeding their food, and playing with them.
- Small errands: You can expect some housekeepers running small errands, such as dropping off laundry. To find out if the housekeeper is available, it’s worth getting in touch with them first. When booking the service , you can clearly indicate your instructions.
What are You Not To Expect from Housekeeping Services Services?
There are some tasks and duties housekeepers can’t perform. These tasks and duties include those not mentioned in their job descriptions or those that may put them in danger. Don’t expect them or their skills to handle tasks beyond what they are capable of doing.
Heavy Outdoor Cleaning
Cleaning outdoors that involves climbing to high places to wash windows may not be suitable for regular housekeepers. This task requires specialist equipment and experience, which can pose a danger to the person responsible.
Your housekeeper does not have to be a nanny. They are primarily responsible for cleaning and maintaining the house, so be realistic about your expectations.
Cleaning Human Feces
Exposure to human feces not only can be unpleasant, but it can also pose a risk. If you find yourself in this situation, it is worth calling a waste removal professional.
While housekeepers clean bathrooms and fix minor problems, they don’t specialize in unblocking pipes or fixing them. Call a plumber immediately if you are facing such a problem.
The rule of thumb is to not transport or move anything heavier than 35 pounds. This is to ensure their safety. Therefore, make sure to find a service that can handle heavy lifting.
How do you prepare your home for your housekeeper
You should know the time saving benefits of hiring a housekeeper. Many NW Maids first-time customers wonder what they should do in preparation for their housekeeper’s arrival. Good news is that you don’t need to do too much cleaning. That would ruin the point. Here’s a little checklist we have that will make your first home cleaning successful.
- Do Not Worry About the Mess!
It was not the job of an investigator or housecleaner to inspect your home. Don’t stress about how to make your house look nicer or clean up more than you do every day. Our service providers have the expertise to make your home shine again. That is why they’re paid!
- This is what it said, Move Your Belongings
Moving toys, books, and other clutter may be a good idea to make your cleaners’ job easier. It is important to keep your property safe and not make it difficult for you. Your housekeeper will always advise against moving anything if they are uncertain.
- In Your Order Form
NW Maids provides a simple, yet effective order form that can be filled out each time you require service. This is a great place to discuss any special needs and requirements. Are you looking to make sure your grandmother doesn’t move her fine China? No problem. Are you looking to have your bathrooms treated with more care? We’ve got your back. Tell us all you need.
- Do not sweat the Equipment
We make sure every service provider we have in place everything they need to clean your home. We don’t want our customers feeling responsible for providing paper towels and gloves, cleaners, and other materials. Enjoy your brand new home by relaxing and placing your order.
Professional Home Cleaning You Can Count On
NW Maids was founded to offer affordable and reliable home cleaning throughout the Pacific Northwest. We offer our clients instant access and referrals to the best housekeepers in Washington, Oregon. We strive to make services accessible and affordable.
Call the professionals if you are willing to commit to professional cleaning. NW Maids is the team to call.
How Many Times Should You Hire Professional Housekeeping Staff?
It is recommended that housekeepers be hired every two to three weeks. This is especially true if your family includes children and pets. If you host more guests and parties, you might also require help more often. Your personal needs will ultimately dictate your ability to host guests and parties more often.
If you cannot remember when the last deep-clean was performed, you should call as soon as you can.
Looking for professional home cleaning services that can be booked quickly, are flexible, and high-quality? Visit our services to request a quote. We’re experts who will listen to your requirements. We have no worries because all of our maids were background-checked, insured, friendly, and easy to work with. Contact us to learn more about our packages and pricing.
Contact NW Maids to learn more: https://nwmaids.com
Contact the NW Maids Seattle location:
NW Maids Cleaning Service
10002 Aurora ave N Suite 36-192
Seattle, WA 98133