McCall Service has been ranked sixth in a listing of prime veteran-owned companies by an area publication, the Jacksonville (Fla.) Business Journal. McCall Service has been family- and veteran-owned since being based in 1928, and boasts three generations of troopers and airmen throughout its three generations of possession by the Cooksey household:
- The late J. Bryan Cooksey Jr. served within the U.S. Military from 1953 to 1955. Returning to civilian life, he began a pest management enterprise that he finally offered to Terminix, turning into a coaching director for the corporate. Cooksey then joined McCall Service, which had began out as an ice firm and by then solely offered heating oil, to begin its pest management division. He shortly rose to the rank of president, after which purchased the corporate within the late 1980s.
- President and CEO J. Bryan Cooksey III served within the U.S. Military as an Infantry Officer after graduating from USMA, West Level.
- CFO David Cooksey graduated from the U.S. Air Drive Academy in 1989. He then served throughout the Center East throughout Operations Desert Defend, Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom, and retired from the U.S. Air Drive Reserves as a Colonel in a Fight Search and Rescue Wing primarily based in Patrick AFB in 2017.
- EVP Jennings B. Cooksey IV served as an officer within the U.S. Military.
- Tampa Bay Department Supervisor Josh Cooksey graduated from the U.S. Army Academy at West Level and served 5 years inside the U.S. Military.
In a information launch, McCall famous that it additionally “strives to recruit U.S. army veterans due to the worth and dedication to excellence these devoted people convey to the desk.”