How to Rodent-Proof Your Mountain View Home
If you live in or around Mountain View, CA, you know that rodents are a real problem. From squirrels and rats to mice and gophers, these pesky creatures can wreak havoc on your home and property if they're not kept in check. But how do you rodent proofing Mountain View your home? Read on to find out.
1. Inspect your home for any possible entry points. Start from the outside of your house and work your way in. Look for cracks in the foundation, gaps around windows and doors, and any other openings that might provide access for rodents. Once you've found all the potential entry points, seal them up with caulk, steel wool, or another type of durable material.
2. Keep your yard clean and free of debris. This includes trimming back trees and shrubs so they're not touching your house, keeping your grass trimmed short, and removing any woodpiles or other potential hiding places for rodents.
3. Store food properly. One of the main reasons rodents enter homes is to find food. So, it's important to store all food—including pet food—in airtight containers. Also, be sure to clean up any food crumbs or spills right away so rodents don't have a chance to get to them.
4. Get rid of standing water. Standing water is a breeding ground for many different types of pests, including mosquitoes and rodents. So, be sure to empty out any Birdbaths, kiddie pools, or other sources of standing water around your property. You should also make sure that your gutters are clean and free of debris so they can drain properly.
5. Seal Up Cracks and Holes: One way to prevent rodents from entering your home is to make sure there are no cracks or holes for them to get in through. Check the foundation of your home for any cracks or holes, and seal them up with caulk or expanding foam. You should also check around windows and doors for any gaps, and seal them up as well. Inspect the outside of your home regularly for any new cracks or holes, and seal them as soon as you find them.
6. Keep Your Home Clean: Another way to prevent rodents from taking up residence in your home is by keeping it clean. Rodents are attracted to food sources, so be sure to keep all food items stored in airtight containers. Be sure to sweep and vacuum regularly, and don't leave any food out overnight. If you have any pet food, be sure to keep it in a sealed container as well. In addition, make sure all trash is properly disposed of in sealed garbage cans.
7. Have a professional pest control company treat your property regularly. Even if you do everything right, there's always a chance that rodents will find their way into your home at some point. So, it's important to have a professional rodent proofing services in Mountain View treat your property on a regular basis—typically once every three months or so—to keep these critters at bay.
Rodents can wreak havoc on your home if they're not kept in check—but how do you prevent them from getting in in the first place? By following the tips outlined above, you can help keep these pesky creatures out of your Mountain View home for good!
ESI Heating & Cooling
1336 Fremont St, Santa Clara, CA 95050