Pest Control Cedar City Utah | Warning Signs You Need Pest Control in Your Home
Warning Signs You Need Pest Control in Your Home
There are many things to keep in mind when you’re first moving into a new home. One of the most important is making sure you have pest control in place. Otherwise, you could be inviting all sorts of critters and bugs into your new space. Here are some warning signs that you may need pest control services.
You've seen mice, scorpions, roaches, spiders, and ants in your home
1) Mice: You’ll know when mice have been in your home by finding droppings in cupboards, along the edges of your countertops, and on the floor. They may also chew through packaging and other materials in your home – so if you find any evidence of this, it’s likely that you have a mouse problem. Mice are particularly drawn to food sources so make sure to keep your counters clean and your food stored in airtight containers.
2) Scorpions: Scorpions are usually found outside but they can make their way into your home through cracks and crevices. They’re identifiable by their large size (they can grow up to 8 inches long) and their deadly stinger. If you see a scorpion in your home, try to catch it and then release it outdoors. If you’re uncomfortable doing this or if there’s more than one scorpion, it’s time to call a professional.
3) Roaches: You’ll know when you have a roach infestation by the presence of their droppings, egg cases, and shed skins. They like to hide in moist, dark areas so check under your sinks and around your appliances. Roaches can also spread disease so it’s important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
4) Spiders: Most spiders found in homes are harmless but they can still be creepy to see crawling around. If you’re seeing a lot of spiders, they’re likely coming in through open windows or doors. The best way to get rid of them is by using a vacuum cleaner to suck them up.
5) Ants: Ants are the most common type of insect found in homes. They come into your house in search of food and water. If you see a few ants, you can get rid of them by using a household cleaner or ant bait. But if you have a large ant infestation, it’s best to call a professional.
Your pets are getting sick more often than usual
No one ever wants to find out they have a pest problem in their home. It can be a scary and frustrating experience, not to mention extremely costly if you need professional help to get rid of the pests. One common sign that there may be pests in your home is if your pets are getting sick more often than usual. This could be a sign that the pests are carrying diseases, and since pets are often closer to the ground than people, they may be more susceptible to picking up bugs and parasites from the environment. If you notice your pet becoming ill more frequently, it may be time to inspect your home for pests.
You're experiencing an increase in allergies or asthma symptoms
You may have noticed over the last few years that your allergies and asthma symptoms are getting worse. You might also be noticing an increase in pests invading your home. This is not a coincidence, but rather a direct correlation to the other problem you are experiencing. With these two problems happening simultaneously, it’s important to take care of both problems at once by hiring an exterminator who can help with pest control as well as treat any allergies or asthma symptoms you may experience. Pest-related issues happen more often than most people realize, which means there could be hidden infestations in places inside and outside of your house. When they’re left untreated for too long, they can grow into full-blown colonies before anyone even notices them.
There's a weird smell coming from somewhere in your home
A bad smell is a warning sign that your home might need pest control. You shouldn’t ignore this, it could lead to an infestation of animals or insects which can be dangerous and difficult to get rid of. It’s not just the critters you’ll have to worry about either, they bring with them all sorts of bacteria and disease-causing organisms that can make you and your family sick.
If you’re seeing an increase in the number of bugs or rodents around your house, that’s another sign that you need to call in a professional. These pests can cause serious damage to your property and cost you a lot of money in repairs. Not to mention, they can be incredibly uncomfortable and even dangerous if they get into your food or living space.
You've found holes or damage near your home's foundation
One of the most obvious warning signs is finding holes or damage near your home’s foundation. If you see evidence of rodents or other pests trying to get into your home, it’s a clear indication that you need to call a professional immediately. Another sign that there may be pests lurking around is if you start seeing large amounts of bugs or spiders inside your house. If there are large amounts of pests present, an infestation is likely to take place and you’ll need to take action.
If you’ve suddenly started seeing more pests around your home, likely, they’re there because of an imbalance in the environment. Perhaps something is attracting them to your house and you need to take steps to correct the issue. Alternatively, if the weather has been especially warm or humid lately, this could also be causing an increase in pests. Whatever the reason may be, it’s important to address it as soon as possible before the problem gets worse.
If you’ve been struggling to get rid of a pest problem on your own, it’s time to call in the professionals. Vision Pest Solutions has years of experience helping people get rid of pests and we know exactly how to tackle the issue. We’ll work diligently to identify the source of the infestation and take steps to eliminate it. Don’t try to deal with pests on your own – call Vision Pest Solutions today!
Find us here!